This is a simple recipe that’s very quick to make and can be enjoyed hot or cold. This is also great made into popsicles. We like to make it in our Magic Bullet for ease with clean up, but you can make this with a mixer as well.
If I’m going with the dairy free option, I usually prefer using Badia Coconut Milk to help make the drink more thick and frothy. The added coconut flavor with the cocoa is great too. When making it with dairy, the heavy cream makes for a wonderfully smooth drink.
One of our favorite times to drink this is sitting by the fire at our house when I’m getting some quality time with one of the kids.
- 1 cup (8 oz, 226.8 g) heavy cream
- 1 cup (8 oz, 226.8 g) water
- 2 tablespoons (0.30 oz, 8.5 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons powdered erythritol (0.9 oz, 25.5 g) (or stevia to taste)
- 1/8 tsp salt (0.026 oz, 0.75 g)
- Put heavy cream and water into large Magic Bullet container. (This can be made in any mixer. We use the Bullet for making clean up easier.)
- Add cocoa powder, powdered erythritol and salt.
- Mix for about 20 seconds in the Magic Bullet. (Over mixing the heavy cream can make it into whipped cream.)
- Enjoy cold as chocolate milk, or if desired, heat the mixture to make hot cocoa.
- For a dairy free option, use 2 cups (16 oz, 453.6 g) of almond milk or canned coconut milk in place of the heavy cream and water.
- This makes 2 servings of cocoa. Each serving has 416 calories, 42.7g of fat, 3.25g of protein and 4.7g of net carbs.
Disclosure: Kristin Stansberry is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Do you have a favorite hot cocoa recipe?