I often need… okay want, a peanut butter and chocolate fix and these no-bake cookies are the ticket! The added bonus is that they’re healthy too. They are sugar free (we sweeten them with erythritol) and have added natural sweetness from the shredded coconut. They also have flaxmeal (ground flax seeds) in them which provides a great source of omega 3’s and fiber.
Originally these were peanut butter balls with chocolate drizzled over the top and they were a lot of work. Now they’re way better and I must thank my sister and mom for modifying my original recipe and making these way faster and easier to make!
Prepping our chocolate ganache and coconut peanut butter ahead will make this recipe go even faster. Store bought super dark, sugar-free chocolate or chocolate chips and sugar-free peanut butter work well too.
- 1/2 cup (4.4 oz) peanut butter or coconut peanut butter*
- 1 cup (3.2 oz) shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 2/3 cup (2.7 oz) flax meal
- 2/3 cup (2.5 oz) almond meal
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup (1.6 oz) erythritol (or more to taste)
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) unsalted butter, melted
- 2/3 cup (6 oz) dark chocolate chips, melted, or chocolate ganache*
- In a stand mixer, combine peanut butter, coconut, flax meal, almond meal, sea salt and erythritol together.
- Add the melted butter and mix well.
- Pour peanut butter mixture into a 9x9 glass dish and press it into the bottom of the pan.
- Pour melted chocolate over peanut butter mixture.
- Place in freezer for about 30 minutes or until it hardens (this makes the bars easier to cut and handle).
- Cut into desired size and store any remaining bars in the refrigerator.
- The entire recipe has has 3,417 Calories, 333g Fats, 36g Net Carbs, and 65g Protein. For 16 bars, each bar has has 214 Calories, 21g Fats, 2g Net Carbs, and 4g Protein. (Nutrition detailes are based on using coconut peanut butter and chocolate ganache recipes listed below.)
- This is very quick to make if you have the coconut peanut butter and chocolate ganache made ahead. Alternatively, substitute peanut butter for the coconut peanut butter melt sugar-free dark chocolate chips or bar instead of the ganache.
- *Coconut Peanut Butter recipe: http://www.simplifiedandstable.com/2014/02/28/recipe-coconut-peanut-butter
- *Ganache recipe: http://www.simplifiedandstable.com/2015/02/13/recipe-sugar-free-dark-chocolate-truffles-ganache/
What’s your favorite, healthy (sugar free/low carb) chocolate to buy online or from the store?
Disclosure: Kristin Stansberry is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.