This is a very simple frosting recipe that can be made in about five minutes. We love this on our Grandma’s Sour Cream Cookies, cupcakes and cinnamon rolls. Like all of our recipes, this is sugar free, low carb and high fat.
We like to use our Magic Bullet Blender to quickly make the whipped cream in step 1 of the recipe.
We use erythritol, a natural sweetener that doesn’t spike your blood sugar, for this and many of our recipes. Stevia is also a great sweetener to use in place of sugar or honey. We also use the Bullet to make our granulated erythritol into powdered erythritol. Alternatively, Swerve brand makes a pre-powdered or confectioners version.
- 1/4 cup (2 oz) heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbsp (1.5 oz) butter, softened
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3 tbsp (33 g, 1.2 oz) powdered erythritol
- Food coloring (optional)
- Whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Blend butter, cream cheese, powdered erythritol and optional food coloring together.
- Slowly mix in whipped cream, just until combined.
- Use right away and store any remaining in the refrigerator.
- This is wonderful on our Sour Cream Cookies (http://www.simplifiedandstable.com), cake, cupcakes or cinnamon rolls.
Do you have a favorite low-carb frosting recipe?
Disclosure: Kristin Stansberry is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.