It’s time to dust off that waffle maker of yours! In just a few minutes, you can be eating these delicious, and very simple waffles. These are low-carb, sugar free, gluten free and a great replacement for store bought waffles or buns.
Our recipe only has 3 ingredients: cream cheese, eggs and salt. We’ve sized the recipe so that it can be made in a large Magic Bullet container to keep the batter pouring and clean-up simple. Many times though, we make a big batch of these ahead of time as well and either store them in the refrigerator or freeze them and pop them in the toaster for a few minutes to reheat them. If you make a large batch, we suggest making this in a blender or Vitamix instead of the Magic Bullet.
These are great as waffles with your favorite toppings (like blended strawberries and whipped cream with a little maple extract) and we love to pair them with breakfast sausage. We also really like to use these as buns for hot dogs or burgers.
We hope you enjoy these!
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Blend all ingredients together thoroughly in a Magic Bullet or blender.
- Pour batter onto waffle iron until it just covers the entire surface. (In our waffle maker, we use about 7.5 oz batter for 4 waffles.)
- Cook for about 6 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove and serve warm or let them cool completely then refrigerate or freeze any leftovers; reheat them in the toaster.
- These are great not only eaten as a waffle for breakfast (topped with fresh fruit and some whipped cream), but also as buns for hot dogs or burgers.